Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Music...Muse...Mood

Music has got to be the most beautiful thing to me. I listen to something anything really and the song takes up residence in my memory, and from there my imagination takes it to new places. It can make you cry, It can make you sing, It can make you scream, or it can make you dance. Music has powers like nothing else. When I write and words just flow from me music is there. When the tears finally break through my barriers, music is usually the cause. I love all music too. Anything with a beat. Anything with a message, or a heart-wrenching solo. It can be instrumental, hardcore or soft.

Music, with its mathematical beats and rhythms has been linked to better brain function in children. It opens us up to so much. Music can hold on to memories in your mind years after you have forgotten them. Cultures as old as time have used music in this way. In the early years it was said that when the Greeks created the "C" note it was revered as a blessing from the gods. Only great kings and queens were allowed to partake of its beauty. It was said to cleanse the mind. More notes were created, and songs were created. Voices rose up with the chords, and the joy could not be contained. Man was meant to have music.


No comments:

Post a Comment